Monday, January 21, 2008

The Weekly Squeak 2008 Campaign Special Part-1


Lets Start by looking at the Republican delegates because let’s face it, I am actually about 70% Republican and 30% Democrat. By the way, I am 0% Bush administration, but if you have read this before then you already knew that.

Mike Huckabee:

You gotta like the fact that he’s a man of God. It makes him seem like an honest guy that America can trust. If you don’t know what his position is on issues you can just reference a Bible to figure it out. Even though he has only won one state so far, it’s a “big” state that means a lot in the primaries. And furthermore he’ll get lots of support from the Bible belt states.

John McCain:

How can I turn down a guy who served in Vietnam and survived being a POW for the protection of American freedom? Especially since that military background means he is a very well trained leader. Even though he appears to have too much skin on his face, at least he doesn’t have the Lurch chin of John Kerry. I would be willing to bet the states he has won so far are due to the fact that his perseverance in presidential campaigning is an indicator that he won’t give up as President.

Mitt Romney:

I hate the fact that the guy is a Mormon, but I like the fact that he is backed by Michigan’s working class. Unfortunately, both of those things may be his downfall. Most of the world considers Mormons to be a little screwed in the head, and Detroit just doesn’t have the pull that it once had. Even though he has kind-of a creepy look about him, he still has a chance with his average guy image.

Rudy Giuliani:
.
The guy worked miracles in New York when he was mayor, can he do the same for America? My personal answer to that question changes from day to day. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that he has totally ignored every state except Florida up to this point, and I would say he doesn’t have a chance there with the Rev. Huckabee in the same race. Either he is political genius or he’s totally screwing things up. No matter how you look at it, if does win Florida, he will be back in the race.


.
Now let’s take a look at the Democratic delegates.

Barrack Obama:

The man seems to be well liked by people, but he just doesn’t come off as a political leader. So why is he doing so well? Even before the Oprahists (the followers of Oprah’s quasi-religion) have joined his side, he was doing well before that. The big story I have heard is that the guy was raised Muslim which would mean that he could have no adherence to America because his loyalty would completely be to Allah and the city of Mecca. I just can’t figure out why the media hasn’t followed up on that particular lead. Clearly he can win at this point, but the question is; would that be best?

John Edwards:
.
He was John Kerry’s running mate in 2004, and…well…he was John Kerry’s running mate in 2004. That’s all I got.

Hillary Clinton:

As a man, I think I am required to dislike her as a candidate. She claims to have more experience than Obama, but just merely living in the White House does not qualify you to be running the country. There is a current White House resident that is proving that to be true. I am pretty sure the whole senator job and presidential campaign are not only due to the fact her husband was formerly the President, but also because old slick Willy got caught cheating. Frankly the best thing I could hope about her being president is that she would merely be a puppet controlled by the ex-president. Bill may have been a horn-dog, but he was a good president. The one good thing about her is she is probably the only candidate with balls big enough to deal with the serious foreign affairs issues such as Iran building nuclear weapons and that pesky Iraq war.

My Conclusion:
.
Who do I think will win the Presidency? I don’t know. Who do I think should win the Presidency? Ditto, but I am leaning toward McCain. No I ‘m not. I mean I am leaning toward Giuliani. Wait, no, I am probably more for Huckabee. I think, or maybe not. I don’t know.

No comments: