Thursday, January 17, 2008

Slow News Week
Well kids, what can I say? Aside from that story about the Marine guy that killed the Marine girl that he raped, there just hasn’t been that much interesting news to talk about. And even then, what more can I say other than what I did in the sentence above?

Way to Kill the Mystique
In Art History news; historians have positively identified the subject of Leonardo da Vinci’s most famous painting, the Mona Lisa. Her real name was Lisa del Giocondo. Somehow, I find the painting to be less interesting now that the Mona Lisa’s real identity is no longer a mystery.

Primarily Boring
I suppose I could also talk about the presidential campaigns and the Primaries, but I could really care less about the anticipated election ever since Steven Colbert was refused participation in the campaign process. What else am I gonna talk about? Obama’s overwhelming lead (yawn), or Huckabee winning in Iowa (nod head), or Mitt Romney winning in Michigan (snore).

The State of Health Care?
In medical news; the FDA released a warning that cold medicines are dangerous for use on infants. Did they forget that they released the exact same warning a few months ago? Should people with memory this bad be in charge at the FDA? I guess we’ll know they are totally crazy when they release a warning about somebody tampering with bottles of Tylenol.

Personal Commentary
Is it me or are there an unusually large number of news stories these days about teachers having sex with students? Where were these teachers when I was a 13 year old with blue balls?

No comments: