Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hazed and Construed
















Out of respect for the families of those killed or injured at Virginia Tech, I would like to preface this week’s squeak by saying that my prayers go out to them.

To everyone else I have to ask; what’s wrong with this picture? There is something very odd about the whole thing. I don’t just mean that it’s strange that the administrators were surprised despite the fact that bomb threats were made last week, or the fact that eyewitnesses identified the gunman as Asian. The whole story in general just seems very strange and I can’t put my finger on what it is.

I can’t seem to get past the fact that he was only in the US for 9 months. I would think there would be some concern over national security being threatened by foreign students in the US, but for some reason nobody’s brought that up. Is that what seems out of place?

I also can’t seem to get past the “drama” between the gunman and his ex-girlfriend. It seems that if he committed the first shooting out of anger of his ex-girlfriend, then there would be no reason for the second shooting. That just isn’t consistent with domestic violence. Usually the violence stops when the people are no longer around each other. Is it the single gunman theory that bothers me?

It’s like there is something just below the surface that we are not immediately seeing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The most significant potential risks to jewellery is damage. If you are not careful with the components of good jewelry that you may have, it could be rather easy to lose it. By paying attention, specially to small sections and gemstones you will ensure that you have your jewelry throughout your way of life. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Ca45yhhe[/url]