Friday, November 5, 2010

My Own Personal Fight for God





If you haven’t read the bible from cover to cover, then you probably didn’t know that it is very repetitive. For example, the concept of being born again is repeated many times between the Prophet, Gospel, and Letter books, while the concept of Living Water is repeated at different times between the Old and New Testaments. But, nothing is repeated more than the concept that God cannot find favor with his people if we don’t remove the items and places of worship dedicated to false gods. For the first time in my life, I find myself confronted with the reality of this scriptural truth. Since I can’t very well go about the country destroying Jehovah halls, Mormon tabernacles, or Muslim mosques, what with my current level of influence in this country, I will resort to doing what is right on a scale that is possible for me.

I will burn a Quran.

I do not have any hatred for Muslims. I only have contempt for the methods they use to honor their false god, and I have a belief that all traces of this false god should be removed.

People tell me I shouldn’t do this. Even my wife, the person who should know me best, doesn’t approve of this. She is afraid that radical Islamic people will retaliate against us in a violent way. After spending a lot of time pondering the Quran burning issue, I have come to the realization that ignoring the encroachment of Muslims, and backing down with a greater fear of Muslims than of God, is the same thing as denying the existence of God. Jesus said that struggle and persecution were to be expected for the Christian Church. Today, American Christians are being (somewhat) persecuted in their own country by being shunned for being “intolerant” which in turn is a strong intolerance of Christian beliefs. After many years of being spared this persecution, American Christians need to face up to these new persecutions and take up their cross for Jesus. Unfortunately, today's Christians only seem to ignore the existence of this sin.

So therefore, I will have to take on this particular personal fight for God…alone.

No comments: